Welcome To TRIO-US
TRIO (Translational Research In Oncology) is a not-for-profit clinical research organization that is dedicated to advancing translational cancer research by bringing forward innovative and targeted therapeutic concepts into the clinical trial setting. The TRIO entity is a merger of CIRG (Cancer International Research Group) and TORI (Translational Oncology Research International), now named TRIO-US, and the wide group of preclinical/clinical researchers at the UCLA Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center. Together, TRIO represents an exciting innovative translational research program, enabling “proof of concept” up to registrational phase III trials in different setting such as breast, ovary, GI and other cancers.
The TRIO-US network:
- Manages clinical trials at more than 50 community-based oncology practices representing 155 physicians at 24 locations across the United States. A full list of current TRIO-US sites is listed at the bottom of this page.
- Is dedicated to the search for innovative and quality treatment options for its cancer patients. The network provides patients access to clinical trials with promising new treatments that are usually only available to patients in larger cities and at academic centers.
- Offers the same high-quality UCLA standards as in campus-based studies.
- Conducts both industry-sponsored and TRIO-US investigator-initiated trials.
- Conducted trials that have led to the approvals of various targeted therapies such as Herceptin, Avastin, Tarceva, Gleevec and Sutent, for breast, lung, kidney and colorectal cancers, as well as chronic myelogenous leukemia and gastrointestinal stromal tumors.
“We are certain this is the most effective means to deliver the latest and best that American medicine has to offer to patients,” says Dr. Dennis Slamon, Founder and Chair of the TRIO group. “We have very carefully selected the finest cancer physicians and clinics to affiliate with, so we can offer patients the state of-the-art in cancer care."
Clinical Trial Search Tool
You can use our online search tool to search all currently open clinical trials across TRIO-US sites nationwide. This tool is accessible via all web browsers and mobile devices. You can search by cancer type or keyword search, and optionally filter results by care location.
Founders and Chairmen: Dennis Slamon, M.D., Ph.D. and John Glaspy, M.D., M.P.H.
Director: Isett Laux, Ph.D.
Chief Medical Officer: Fairooz Kabbinavar, M.D.
Chief Financial Officer: Jim Muff
Regulatory Manager: Ekaette Akpan
TRIO-US Network Sites