Director: Sarah Dry, M.D.
Co-Director: Jonathan Said, M.D.
Manager: Clara E. Magyar, Ph.D.
14-127 Center for Health Sciences
University of California, Los Angeles
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1732
Telephone: (310) 825-1717
Fax: (310) 267-2104
- Human tissue procurement
- Remnant tissues from surgical resections
- Access to archived paraffin blocks
Laser capture microdissection
- Processing, embedding, cutting paraffin/cryostat sections
- Both human and animal tissues
Digital pathology/image analysis
- Established antibodies and optimization of new antibodies
Pathology Consultation Services
- Brightfield/fluorescence whole slide scanning
- Automated analysis of brightfield/fluorescence images
- Study design, tissue selection, IRB advice, identification of cases within UCLA archives, slide interpretation
The investigator submits a "Request for Services" form (available by email request); p39 for recharge and (depending on request) IRB approval is also required.
Drs. Dry and Said are available to meet with each investigator to assist in "fine-tuning" critical details of the research requirements, optimal tissue sources (e.g., surgery, autopsy), and the method of preparation. Contact Dr. Magyar (firstname.lastname@example.org) to arrange consultations for digital image analysis.
|Tissue procurement (per tissue)
|Histology H&E stain (per slide)
|IHC/ISH (per slide/section)
|Digital slide scan (per slide 20x/40x)