Eligible donors can support cancer research at the JCCC by instructing the administrators of their Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs) to distribute up to $100,000 directly to the Jonsson Cancer Center Foundation. These distributions may be deducted from income that otherwise could be subject to tax under federal law and the laws of many states.
In order to qualify as a charitable rollover in 2013, a transfer must meet the following criteria:
- The donor must be 70½ years of age or older.
- The transfer must be made from a traditional, rollover or Roth IRA.
- The transfer amount may not exceed $100,000, regardless of income.
- The IRA transfer must be made as a current gift.
- The donor must notify his or her plan administrator that the requested transfer is a “charitable IRA rollover.”
The distribution check must be made payable to the Jonsson Cancer Center Foundation and mailed directly from the plan administrator to the address below:
Jonsson Cancer Center Foundation
Factor Bldg Rm 8-950
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1780
All transactions must be complete by December 31, 2013 for the 2013 tax year.
If you have questions or require additional information, please contact Melissa Brody at (310) 206-0675.
Last updated: 11/20/2013 9:11:14 AM