The early stages of breast cancer do not usually exhibit symptoms. This is why regular breast exams are important. As the cancer grows, symptoms may include:
- Breast lump or lump in the armpit, that is hard, has uneven edges and usually does not hurt.
- Change in the size, shape, or feel of the breast or nipple. For example, you may have redness, dimpling or puckering that looks like the skin of an orange.
- Fluid coming from the nipple. May be bloody, clear-to-yellow, or green, and look like pus.
- Men get breast cancer, too. Symptoms include breast lump and breast pain and tenderness.
Symptoms of advanced breast cancer may include:
- Bone pain
- Breast pain or discomfort
- Skin ulcers
- Swelling of one arm (next to breast with cancer)
- Weight loss
Last updated: 5/12/2010 4:18:53 PM