- What kind of screening schedule do your recommend for me based on my medical profile and family history?
- Are there changes I can make to my diet to lower my chances of musculoskeletal cancers?
- What type of cancer do I have?
- What are my treatment options?
- What treatment do you recommend and why?
- Will this treatment affect my fertility?
- Could this treatment affect my sex life?
- What type of recovery should I expect following treatment?
- What follow up care is necessary following treatment?
Questions to ask before choosing surgery:
- What kinds of surgery can I consider? Which operation do you recommend for me and why?
- How will I feel after the operation?
- If I have pain, what can be done to control it?
- Will I have any lasting side effects?
- Is there someone I can talk to who has had the same surgery that I will be having?
Questions to ask before choosing chemotherapy or radiation therapy:
- How will the treatment be given?
- When will treatment start? When will it end? How often will I have treatments?
- What can I do to take care of myself before, during, and after treatment?
- How will I feel during treatment? Will I be able to drive myself to and from treatment?
- How will I know the treatment is working?
- How will I feel after the therapy?
- Are there any lasting side effects?
- If applicable, what is the chance that the cancer will return to my bladder?
- How often will I need checkups?
Last updated: 5/26/2010 2:40:00 PM